Herb Coeur a la Creme
Herb Coeur a la Creme is like a fancier name for that classic 70s Cheese Ball, only better. Here is a very simple recipe to go along with some homemade cloned Ritz crackers. Also, feel free to use other herbs and flavorings.
Herb Coeur a la Creme:
- 500g cream cheese, room temperature
- 300g sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp chives
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
1. In a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese on high. Scrape down the bowl then add the sour cream and remaining ingredients. Taste for seasoning and add more salt if desired. The herbs will intensify with time.
2. Pour cheese mixture into a strainer lined with cheese cloth. Place the strainer in a bowl to collect any excess liquid. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, but preferably 24hrs.
3. Turn out the Herb Coeur a la Creme onto a serving platter and garnish with more dill and chives. Serve with a choice of crackers, nuts, and fruit.